Yet another variation of a favorite Indian Diwali snack. Palak Sev, it is very popular as a Palakoora Janthikalu and Palakura Murukulu. It is famous as palak sev from Gujarat and Palakura Murukulu from south India. Also we can say it’s a healthy version of sev snack. You can carry this snack in your bag to work or also you can pack this snack to your kids snack box. These green colored sev is very crispy and crunchy. Spinach, gram flour, rice flour, cumin seeds, aniseeds and hint of asafetida go into making this crunchy, innovative treat.
– 2 bunches spinach
– 1 cup chickpea flour
– 1 cup rice flour
– 6-8 green chili
– 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
– 1 teaspoon aniseeds
– 1/4 teaspoon asafetida
– Salt to taste
– Oil for frying
How To Cook?
1. Take some water in a pan and bring it boil. When water starts boiling add spinach leaves and blanch them. Drain the excess water.
2. In a mixture blander, place the blanch spinach and chopped green chilies. Blend them into smooth paste. Set aside.
3. In a bowl, combine all dry Ingredients along with 2 tablespoons of hot oil. Mix well.
4. Add spinach paste and knead to a soft dough, add water if required. Make sure that the dough is soft and smooth.
5. Take little portion of dough and fill it in sev press.
6. Heat oil in skillet at smoking point. When oil is hot carefully press the sev press over hot oil.
7. On MEDIUM heat deep fry them from both sides until light golden.
8. Drain them on kitchen paper. Once cooled completely sprinkle some chaat masala if require.
9. So this Diwali enjoy this namkeen snack with your family and friends.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes