A famous North Indian delicacy made of paneer in a spicy gravy
1 1/2 cup (250 gm) cubed paneer (cottage cheese)
1 kg tomatoes
4 big onions
6-8 dried red chilies (soaked in little water)
6-8 garlic cloves
1/2 inch garlic
1 tablespoon cumin seeds
1 tablespoon khuskhus (poppy seeds)
1 tablespoon coriander powder
1/4 cup (100 gm) cashewnut
3 tablespoon butter
Fresh cream for garnish
Salt to taste
1. Boil tomatoes, grind to puree and sieve to remove seeds and peels. Keep aside.
2. Deep fry paneer pieces, drain and keep aside.
3. In the same kadhai or pan also fry cashewnut, drain and keep aside.
4. Grind together khuskhus, cumin seeds, coriander powder, fried cashewnut to a smooth paste and keep aside.
5. Grind onion, garlic, ginger and red chilies to a smooth paste and keep aside.
6. Heat butter in a kadhai and fry onion paste until golden brown.
7. Add the khuskhus paste and fry until cooked. Then add in the tomato pulp, salt and fry until oil separates.
8. Just before serving heat the gravy and add the fried paneer cubes alongwith garam masala powder.
9. Garnish with fresh cream before serving.
Cooking time: 30-35 minutes