Paneer is quite a versatile ingredient. Today we are making a simple vegetarian dish called Paneer Hariyali Tikka which is easy, tasty and flavorful. In this dish, paneer cubes marinated with mint and coriander’s green paste, arranged on skewers and grilled to perfection. This dish is very delicious even children as well as adults love it alike. Typically, this mouthwatering paneer tikka is enjoyed with tandoori roti and onion rings. Definitely worth to try this succulent recipe of paneer!
Preparation Time: 20 Minutes + marinating time
Cooking Time: 10 -15 Minutes
Servings: 4 Persons
– 250 gm cottage cheese
– 3 tablespoons mint leaves
– 50 gm coriander leaves
– 2 green chilies
– 2 teaspoons oil
– 2 teaspoons ginger-garlic paste
– 2 tablespoons yogurt
– 1 tablespoon gram flour
– 1 teaspoon chaat masala
– 1 teaspoon garam masala
– 1 teaspoon lemon juice
– Salt to taste
How To Cook?
1. In a mixture grinder, put mint leaves, coriander leaves, green chilies and lemon juice. Grind them to a smooth paste.
2. Cut the cottage cheese into medium sized cubes.
3. In a medium sized bowl, place the prepared green paste, yogurt, ginger-garlic paste, gram flour, chaat masala, garam masala and salt. Mix well.
4. Add oil and mix again, now add cottage cheese cubes and mix thoroughly so that the cottage cheese cubes are well coated with the green paste mixture. Set aside to marinate for at least 2 hours.
5. Preheat the oven at 200? C. Now, thread the marinated cubes 1 inch gap into skewers and place it on the grill rack and grill about 15 minutes till it colors lightly. You can also do this over a moderately heated grill pan.
6. Serve this yummy paneer hariyali tikka with onion rings and green mint chutney.