• 25 pieces – Paneer (cubed)
• 1.5 cups – Peas, carrot, potato, Corn (all together)
• 1 tsp – Coriander powder
• 3 tsp – Chilli powder
• 3 tsp – Turmeric powder
• 1 cup – Cashewnuts
• 2 – Onions(finely chopped)
• 1 -Tomato(chopped, seed removed)
• 1/4 cup – Heavy Cream
• A very small stick of Cinnamon
• 3 – Bay leaves(dried)
• 1 tsp – Fenugreek seeds
• 2 pinches – Jeera
• 2 – Cardamom (skinned and crushed)
• 1 pinch – Garam masala, for garnishing
- In a pan, heat oil and put jeera, bay leaves. When the jeera splutters, put the fenugreek seeds, cardamom, cloves and cinnamon. When the fenugreek seeds turn golden brown, put the tomato in.
- Saute the tomato till it is soft. Add the cashews and saute for about 10 mins. Grind it and keep it aside.
- Saute the onions and when they are transparent, add turmeric, coriander powder, chilli powder and some salt. Grind it along with the above paste.
- Boil the vegetables in a pan with salt and turmeric with water almost covering the vegetables.
- Boil the paste with 1/2 a cup of water and add the boiled vegetables to it.
- Fry the paneer in ghee until golden brown on all the four sides. Put it in cold water for about a minute and then squeeze the water out.
- Finally, add the paneer cubes to the boiling vegetables and the paste and let it boil in a low flame.
- Add about half of the heavy cream while the above is boiling.
- Turn it off and garnish it with garam masala and pour the rest of the heavy cream on top.
Recipe courtesy of Aarti