Famous Rajasthani cuisine made with papads, curd and spices
3-4 medium sized moong dal (green gram) papads
1 cup smooth curd (dahi)
1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
1 whole dry red chilli
1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
1 teaspoon turmeric powder
1 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
2 teaspoon coriander powder
1 tablespoon coriander leaves for garnishing
1-2 tablespoon oil
Salt to taste
1. Break papads into 1 inch squares.
2. Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds, mustard seeds, dry red chilli and allow it to crackle.
3. Reduce the heat to low and add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder and fry for a minute.
4. Add 2 tablespoon water. Remove from heat, then add curd and mix well.
5. Add papads, salt and 1 1/2 to 2 cups water.
6. Bring to a boil, over high heat.
7. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
Cooking time: 10-15 minutes