• For the Filling:
• 4 – medium size Potatoes
• 2 – Onions chopped
• 1/2 kg – Beef from the round portion (or mutton) cut into small bits
• 2 tsp – pepper
• Salt to taste
• 1 tsp – chopped Mint
• For the Pie Crust Dough
• 3 cups – flour
• 3 tbsp – oil
• 2 tsp – Butter
• 1/2 cup – water or just enough to make a soft dough
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees centigrade.
- Wash and peel the potatoes and cut into small cubes.
- Wash the meat well.
- Mix the potatoes, chopped onions, mint, meat, salt and pepper together and fry lightly with a little oil on low heat for about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Keep aside.
- Mix flour and the oil and just enough water to make a soft pie crust dough.
- Roll out dough into 6 equal circles using a saucer to cut them.
- In the centre of each circle spoon in the filling utilizing all the filling for the 6 Pasties.
- Put a tbsp of butter over each mound of filling.
- Fold the circle over and crimp the edges.
- Place pasties on a greased baking tray and make a slit in the top of each.
- Bake for about 1 hour till done.
- Recipe Courtesy: Anglo-Indian Recipes
Recipe courtesy of Bridget White