• 2 cups – Channa (any variety), soaked over night.
• 10 – green chillies.
• Curry leaves – few.
• 2 inches – ginger.
• Salt, to taste.
• 4 tbsp – oil.
• For Seasoning:
• Urad dal.
- In a blender, mix channa, green chillies, ginger and salt.
- Do not make it too smooth a paste. Put very little water while grinding to paste.
- In a kadai, season oil with mustard and urad dal.
- When mustard splutters, add curry leaves and the ground paste. Keep it on a slow flame and keep stirring every 5 minutes.
- It will take like 30 minutes for this paste to get roasted (it turns pinkish).
- Add coriander at the end. Do not cover it at any time while cooking.
Recipe courtesy of Sify Bawarchi