• 2 cups – Cabbage, shredded very fine
• 1 cup – Green peas
• 1 – Medium potato, chopped small ( optional)
• 1 tsp – Mustard Seeds
• 2-3 – Green chillies, julienned
• Salt to taste
• 1 tsp – Turmeric powder
• 1/2 tsp – Red Chilli powder
• 1 tsp – Oil
• Handful of Cilantro leaves, chopped
• Black pepper to sprinkle on top ( optional )
- Heat oil in a pan, splutter mustard seeds, add green chillies and fry for a minute on a medium flame.
- When it starts getting brown, add potato and peas and mix well.
- Cook covered for 2 min stirring frequently.
- Add cabbage and cook covered for 3-4 minutes stirring in between.
- If it gets sticky, sprinkle some water over it, and keep the flame low.
- When it is almost done, add all the spices except black pepper and cook covered for 2 minute.
- Turn off the flame.
- Garnish with cilantro and black pepper.
- Recipe courtesy: UK Rasoi
Recipe courtesy of Nupur