Sweet and sour potato made with peanut, jaggery and tamarind
6 boiled potatoes
1 cup crushed roasted unshelled peanut
1 tablespoon tamarind pulp
1/4 cup gud (jaggery)
1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
1 teaspoon red chilli powder
1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
1/2 teaspoon garam masala powder
1 teaspoon coriander powder
1 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves
1 tablespoon oil
Salt to taste
1. Peel the potatoes, cut them into square pieces and keep aside.
2. Soak jaggery in only 2 tablespoon warm water and allow it to melt.
3. Heat oil in a pan or kadhai, add asafoetida, cumin seeds and allow it to crackle.
4. Now add peanuts and bring the heat to low.
5. Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder and fry for a minute.
6. Add tamarind pulp and melted jaggery. Fry for a minute.
7. Now add potatoes, salt and sprinkle garam masala.
8. Fry the potatoes for about 3 minutes on high heat now.
9. Garnish with chopped coriander and serve hot.
Cooking time: 20-25 minutes