• 1 cup – lightly roasted Peanuts
• 1 cup – Sugar
• 1/2 tsp – Cardamom powder
• 1 tsp – oil
• rolling pin
• stone work surface
• 2 – strong knives or spatulas
• heavy saucepan
- Remove husk of peanuts and crush slightly.
- Use the oil to grease the knives or spatulas, work surface and rolling pin.
- Keep some of it aside to grease your palms.
- Put sugar in pan and heat, stirring continuously, till it melts fully.
- Ensure that it dies not burn but it turns a little brown.
- Remove it from fire.
- Add peanuts, cardamom and mix well.
- Pour onto work surface and knead it with both knives.
- When it slightly cools, knead it with greased palms.
- Roll with pin shaping into a square, 1/2 inch thick.
- Mark out into 1 inch square pieces.
- Break it after it gets fully set and cools down.
- Store in airtight container putting sheets of butter paper between each layer.
Recipe courtesy of Saroj Kering