Peas or matar pulao is very delicious and easy Indian rice dish to cook at home. You just required basmati rice, peas, cinnamon, cloves, ginger-garlic paste and onion to make a peas pulao which gives a rich taste to the pulao. Here is the step by step recipe to make peas pulao. Let’s make it together.
– 1/2 cup long grained basmati rice
– 1/2 cup fresh green peas
– 1 teaspoon oil
– 1 teaspoon ghee
– 1 inch long cinnamon stick
– 3-4 cloves
– 1 small finely chopped onion
– 1 teaspoon ginger-garlic paste
– 1 finely chopped green chilli
– Water as required
– Salt to taste
How To Cook?
1. Properly wash the basmati rice into running water and soak them into water for 15 minutes. Drain excess water.
2. In a pan, heat the oil and ghee then add cinnamon stick and cloves and saut? it of a minute then add ginger-garlic paste, chopped green chilli and onion. Mix them well and saut? it for a minute.
3. Now, gently add soaked basmati rice and green peas into this mixture and mix them well. Again cook it for 2 minutes.
4. Now add 1 cup water and salt into the rice and mix it well and cook the rice on HIGH flame, let the water boil. Once the water starts boiling cover the pan.
5. Now, cook the rice for 10 minutes or until each grain is cooked. When the rice is cooked transfer it in a bowl.
6. Peas Pulao is ready to serve.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Servings: 3 Persons