• 1 kg – Chicken.
• 2 – large onions.
• 2 – small tomatoes.
• 1.5 tbsp – peppercorns.
• 1.5 tbsp – cumin (grind pepper Corns and cumin to powder).
• 1 tbsp – chilli powder.
• 1 tbsp – garam masala.
• 1 piece – ginger.
• 4 flakes – garlic.
• oil as required.
• Curry leaves.
• Salt to taste.
- Clean the chicken pieces and marinate it with turmeric, salt and chilli powder for an hour.
- Take a non-stick pan, heat the oil.
- Add garlic and ginger and cook. Add onions and saute until cooked.
- Now add the tomatoes and saute till cooked.
- Then add garam masala, chilli powder, pepper, cumin powder and saute well till the raw smell goes off.
- Then add the chicken pieces and saute for 2 mins.
- Add enough water, salt and cook covered under medium flame for 15-20 mins.
- Uncover and saute until all the water dries up.
- Garnish with fried curry leaves and serve hot with rotis or rice.
Recipe courtesy of Kavitha