• 2 tbsp white vinegar, 2 Cucumbers – peeled and chopped
- Wash, wipe, and slice cucumber into desired pieces.
- Do not make pieces too small or they will get mushy on pickling.
- Soak them in wet brine for 10-12 hours or overnight.
- Drain and wash thoroughly under cold running water.
- Drain completely, dab with kitchen cloth if necessary.
- Pack tight layers into sterile jar, without leaving spaces.
- Pour vinegar over slices to cover them.
- Mature for 48 hours at least before using.
- Variations: Onions, red cabbage, marrows may be similarly pickled.
Recipe courtesy of Saroj Kering