• 1 kg – tender fresh radish
• Salt – as needed
• Water – as needed
• Vinegar – as needed
- Wash, wipe, and slice radish into desired pieces.
- Do not make the pieces too small or they will get mushy on pickling.
- Mix salt and water and soak pieces in the brine for 10-12 hours or overnight.
- Drain and wash thoroughly in cold running water.
- Drain completely, dab with kitchen cloth if necessary.
- Pack tight layers of it into a sterile jar, without leaving spaces.
- Pour vinegar over the slices to cover them.
- Mature for 48 hours at least before using.
Recipe courtesy of Saroj Kering