• 1 loaf – firm bread
• 8 oz – Cream cheese
• 10 – eggs
• 1 and 1/2 cups – half and half
• 1/4 cup – Honey syrup
• 8 oz – crushed Pineapple
• 8 tbsps – melted Butter
• Cinnamon powder to taste
• powdered Sugar to taste
- Cut the bread into bite-sized cubes.
- Cover a 9 X 14 pan halfway with the bread cubes.
- Cut the cream cheese into small pieces and scatter across the bread.
- Spoon on the pineapple.
- Cover this with the remaining bread cubes.
- In a separate bowl, mix the eggs and honey syrup in a half and half mixture with melted butter.
- Pour egg mixture over the bread cubes.
- Press the bread down to absorb the egg mixture.
- Sprinkle cinnamon over the top.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, bake at 350 degrees F for 40 to 50 minutes.
- Serve with jam or powdered sugar.
Recipe courtesy of Bramaramba Chandrashekar