Pineapple Fried Rice is a Thai cuisine. This flavourful rice dish is super easy to wipe up and it can easily prepare with all veggies. This fried rice is loaded with bite-sized pineapple chunks and bursting with its juicy sweetness, with pineapple chunks we can also use shrimps, chicken, eggs, cashew nuts or you can keep it vegetarian with vegetables and pineapple. Try out this easy, quick and tastier rice dish by following recipe.
Preparation Time: 30 Minutes
Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
Servings: 4 Persons
– 1 whole pineapple
– 6 cups leftover cooked rice
– 3 tablespoons fish sauce
– 3 tablespoons chicken broth
– 1 tablespoon curry powder
– 1 teaspoon sugar
– Oil as require
– 1 small-sized onion, peeled and thinly sliced
– 2 garlic cloves, minced
– 10-12 pieces large shrimps, peeled and de-veined, leaving tail intact
– ? pound chicken breast, cut into 1 inch long strips
– ? cup unsalted cashews
– 2 beaten eggs
– 1 cup green peas
– ? cup raisins
– 1 green onion, cut into 1-12 inch lengths
– Salt to taste
– Black pepper powder to taste
How To Cook?
1. First start with the pineapple, stand pineapple on a flat work surface. Make sure leaves of pineapple facing upside.
2. Now, with the help of serrated knife, slice down on one side of pineapple at about ? inch thick, do not cut leaves. Then cut the pineapple flesh by making horizontal and vertical slices and using large spoon scoop out the pineapple.
3. If any fibers left inside pineapple boat scrape down them and rinse this boat and drain well. Put this boat aside.
4. Cut the pineapple flesh into 1 inch chunks to use into rice. Keep aside.
5. Now, take rice in a bowl and separate grains using hand. Set aside.
6. In a small bowl, combine together the fish sauce, chicken broth, curry powder and sugar. Stir well until sugar and curry powder are well-dispersed. Set aside.
7. In a wok, heat 1 tablespoon of oil over HIGH heat. When oil is heated add pineapple chunks by stirring regularly cook them for about a minute.
8. After a minutes remove them from pan and set aside.
9. Similarly, cook the shrimps for a minute in the same oil. Remove from the pan and drain on paper towel.
10. In the same wok, again heat 1 tablespoon of oil and add chicken and by stirring regularly cook it for about 5 minutes or until lightly browned and cook through. Remove from the pan and set aside.
11. Wipe down the wok and heat 2 tablespoons of oil. Once heated add onions and garlic and saut? it till aromatic then add beaten egg and stir regularly and cook it for a minute or until they begin to set but still moist. Add fish sauce and curry mixture to and stir it regularly to mix it well.
12. Then add cashew nuts to it and cook them till lightly toasted. Do not forget to stir it regularly.
13. After that add rice and spread them on entire cooking surface of wok and cook for 45 seconds or until grains start to sizzle and then toss to redistribute. Repeat this few more times until the sauce is well distributed.
14. Add green peas, raisins and all the cooked things like shrimps, chicken and pineapple. Toss them to combine well.
15. Lastly, Season it with black pepper powder and salt and add green onions and continue cooking for about 2-3 minutes. Toss regularly.
16. After 3 minutes turn off the flame and remove from the wok and place this rice to prepared pineapple boat.
17. Garnish it with additional cashews and raisins. Savor hot.