• Rava – 1 cup.
• Sugar – 2 cups.
• Water – 5 cups.
• Chopped Pineapple – 1 cup.
• Ghee – 1/2 cup.
• Cashews for garnishing.
• A few strands of saffron.
- Fry the cashews in ghee. Set aside.
- In the same ghee, add the rava and fry till light brown.
- Meanwhile, add 1/2 cup sugar (from the 2 cups) add very little water, add the pineapple pieces in a pan and cook till soft.
- Boil the water in another vessel at the same time.
- Add the cooked pineapple to the rava on medium flame, mix with rava, add the boiling water and stir well.
- Add 2 cups water first, if required add the remaining water too.
- Once the rava is cooked, add the sugar and saffron strands. Mix well, add more ghee if required or else it’ll come very hard.
- Stir in the cashews and serve hot or cold|
Recipe courtesy of Sharanya