• basmati Rice – 1 cup.
• fresh Pineapple – 1/2.
• Sugar or powder – 1/2 cup.
• Ghee – 4 tbsp.
• blanched Almonds powder – 1 tbsp.
• Saffron soaked in warm milk.
• cashewnuts, fried in Ghee – 12.
• raisins, fried in Ghee – 12.
• Pineapple essence – few drops.
• yellow food colour (optional).
• Cardamom powder – 1 pinch.
- Wash and peel the skin and cut pineapple into very small pieces. Add sugar and cook in low flames with little water. When the pieces becomes soft, remove from fire.
- Wash rice in cold water.
- Heat 1 tsp of ghee in a pan and fry rice for 2 mins.
- Cook in 2.5 cups of boiling water.
- Reduce flame and cook till water evaporates.
- Add sugar syrup and pineapple pieces, almond powder and saffron to the rice.
- Mix well and add remaining ghee to the rice.
- Add cardamom powder, a few drops of essence and stir well.
- When moisture is absorbed completely, remove from fire.
- Decorate with fried cashew nuts, raisins and grated dry coconut powder.
- Serve hot or cold according to your wish.
Recipe courtesy of Bramaramba Chandrashekar