• Bhindi – 1/2 kg
• Onion – 1 or 2
• Oil – 2 tbsp
• Jeera powder – 1 tsp
• Besan – 1 tsp
• Dhania powder – 1 tsp
• Coriander powder -1/2 tsp (optional)
• Chilli powder to taste
• Salt to taste
- Cut onions and fry them in a pan in oil till they turn brown.
- Slit bhindi into long pieces and add them into the pan and fry till they are half-cooked.
- Add salt and stir.
- Cover and cook for 2 minutes.
- When cooked, add chilli powder and stir it.
- Dry roast jeera powder, dhaniya powder and besan and add them into the cooked curry. Stir and heat for some time.
- The excess water will be absorbed by these powders.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with rotis or rice.
Recipe courtesy of Veena