• 100 g – cashews, soaked in water for 1.5 hours
• 100 g – powdered Sugar
- Make a paste of the soaked cashews with very little water.
- If too much water is used the kaju katli will become too soft and unmouldable.
- Add the sugar to the kaju paste and stir well to mix the sugar.
- Turn out the paste in a pan.
- On a medium flame, stir the mixture constantly till the mixture starts leaving the sides and coming together.
- Turn out the mixture in a bowl.
- Cool this mixture, stirring constantly, till it becomes very stiff, like dough, and is completely cool.
- Turn out the mixture on a sheet of plastic.
- After 10 mins, roll out the dough with a rolling pin.
- Cut into diamond shapes.
Recipe courtesy of Sheetal