• 1 cup – Maida
• 1/2 cup-Sugar
• 1/2 cup – Milk powder
• 1/2 cup – Malai/cream
• 1/2 tsp – Baking powder
• 1/4 tsp – Soda bicarbonate
• 1/4 cup- Butter or oil
• 3-4 drops – Vanilla essence
• 1 tsp – Cocoa powder
• 1 tsp – Chocolate powder
• 1 cup- Milk
- Whisk the malai well preferably by hand, until it leaves the butter.
- Tip in vanilla essence, butter, sugar, milk powder, and maida to it and mix well.
- Add some milk to smoothen the batter and keep aside.
- Take another bowl and add 1 tbsp of warm milk, soda and baking powder and mix well.
- Add it to the batter kept aside.
- Fold the mixture gently. | Grease a cake tin and dust it with some flour.
- Pour the batter in it.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 160 C for 45 mins.
- Cut into slices and serve with tea.
- You can dust it with powdered sugar for some added taste.
Recipe courtesy of Swati