• 2 to 3 – unripe sour mangoes
• 1/8 tsp – Turmeric
• 2 tbsp – salt
• For seasoning:
• 2 tbsp – oil
• 1/2 tsp – Mustard Seeds
• 1 tsp – Methi seeds
• 2 tbsp – Red Chilli powder
• 1/4 tsp – Hing powder
• Curry leaves (optional)
- Peel and shred the mangoes using a carrot shredder and put it in a bowl.
- Add salt and haldi powder to the shredded mango and mix well using a clean and dry spoon.
- Keep it aside for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a small pan or seasoning ladle and add mustard seeds in it.
- Add methi seeds when it’s about to splutter.
- When the methi turns golden brown, add red chilli powder and hing powder. Fry for 2 seconds.
- Add curry leaves (optional) and remove from the stove. Let it cool.
- Add this seasoning to the shredded mango and mix thoroughly.
- Taste and add salt if necessary.
Recipe courtesy of Chandrika