• 1 – Raw Mango (totapori), cut into small pieces
• 2 – Red Chillies whole
• 1 tsp – Mustard Seeds
• 1 tsp – dried neem flower (optional but if used gives a better taste)
• 1 – Lemon size Tamarind
• 1/2 cup – Jaggery
• 2 tsp – oil
- Soak the tamarind in 1 cup of water for some time and only the water to be taken separately.
- Take a kadai. Put 1 tsp oil and temper mustard seeds. Then put mango pieces and saute for 1 min
- Add tamarind water. Allow the water to boil for sometime until the mango pieces are soft.
- Then add jaggery and let it cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir continuously.
- Then in an another vessel heat 1 tsp of oil and add neem flower.
- Temper it until it turns dark brown and then add it to the mango preparation
- Cook for another 2 minutes and your mango pachadi is ready.
- This recipe can be had just like that or with vadais.
Recipe courtesy of shilpa