• 1 cup – tender greens of white radish, finely chopped
• 1 tomato, finely chopped
• 1 tsp – chilli powder
• 1 tsp – Coriander seeds powder (dhania powder)
• 1/4 tsp – Turmeric powder
• 1 tsp – dried Mango (amchoor) powder or
• 1 tsp – Lemon juice
• salt to taste
• 1/2 tsp – each cumin and Mustard Seeds
• 2-3 pinches Asafoetida
• 1 tbsp – crushed Peanuts
• 1.5 tbsp – oil
- Sprinkle some salt over the chopped leaves.
- Keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Soften leaves with hand in a kneading motion.
- Squeeze out all water that it let off due to salt.
- Wash well in fresh clean water.
- Drain out in a colander, keep aside.
- Heat oil in a saucepan.
- Add seeds, asafoetida, allow to splutter.
- Add tomatoes, stir, cover and cook till soft.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle all masalas, salt, etc. over leaves.
- Mix well with both hands.
- Add to tomatoes, mix well.
- Add crushed peanuts, lemon juice, mix again, simmer till water evaporates.
- Once oil seperates, take off heat, transfer to serving bowl. Serve hot with rotis, puris, parathas.
Recipe courtesy of Sify Bawarchi