• 2 litres – milk.
• 1 cup – curds.
• 1 tsp – Lemon juice strained.
• 1/2 cup – sugar.
• 4 to 5 slices – canned pineapple, drained well.
• 2 to 3 drops – vanilla essence.
- Heat milk in a large vessel. Dissolve lemon juice in curds.
- When milk boils, add curds, allow to curdle.
- Stir gently to curdle evenly.
- Drain into a muslin cloth, press out excess water.
- Hold below running water, to remove traces of lemon juice.
- Holding cloth together, gently squeeze out all excess water.
- Put residue back into milk vessel.
- Add sugar, heat while stirring continuously, for 3-4 mins.
- Take off fire, cool to warm.
- Add vanilla essence. Run in mixie till mixture is smooth.
- Remove in plate.
- Chop pineapple slice. Run in mixie for few seconds till coarsely crushed.
- Press out all excess water, by pressing firmly in palms.
- Add to mixture in plate, mix well, form a lump.
- Transfer to refrigerator, cool till hardened a bit.
- Remove, dust hands with corn flour or icing sugar and shape into desired forms.
- Or use moulds to make shapes of various types.
- Refrigerate till required.
Recipe courtesy of Saroj Kering