• 1 cup – grated white pumpkin
• 1 cup – Sugar
• 1 tsp – vanilla essence
• 1 tsp – Ghee
• 1 cup – fresh Milk
• 3 tbsp – condensed Milk
• 3 tbsp – Raisins
- Melt the sugar in a thick pan with 1/2 cup water till a fairly thick syrup is obtained.
- Add the grated pumpkin, milk, condensed milk and simmer stirring all the time until the mixture begins to crystallize and looks transparent.
- Add the essence, lime juice and ghee. Mix well.
- When the mixture starts to leave the sides of the pan, mix in the raisins. Pour out onto a greased plate.
- Cut into squares when quite cold.
- Recipe Courtesy: Anglo-Indian Recipes
Recipe courtesy of Bridget White