• 2 cups – whole Wheat flour (atta)
• 1/2 cup approx – refined oil/ghee/butter
• For stuffing:
• 1 cup – sattu (roasted gram flour)
• 1 medium – onion, chopped
• 2 Cloves – garlic, chopped
• 1/2 inch – ginger, chopped
• 2 – 3 – green chillies, chopped
• 2 – 3 tbsp – Lemon juice
• Onion seeds (kalaunji) – a pinch
• Ajwain (carom seed), a pinch
• salt to taste
• 1 tbsp – Mustard oil
- Knead the flour with sufficient water to make a soft dough.
- Mix and mash all the stuffing ingredients (except sattu) with your palm. This mixture will release some water.
- Then add sattu in this mixture and mix properly.
- Divide the mixture as well as dough (prepared earlier) into 8 small balls.
- Roll out the portion of the dough into a small chapatti, place a portion of the mixture in the centre of the chapatti.
- Gather the edges to make a round flat peda.
- Lightly dust the surface with flour and roll out the peda into six – inch parathas.
- On a hot griddle roast both sides of the paratha till they turn a shade of golden.
- Grease with ghee, oil or butter.
- This can be served with green chutney, pickle or curd.
Recipe courtesy of Abhilasha Kumari