• 1 kg – lean Meat of the leg of sheep or goat
• 2 – eggs
• 1 tsp – black Cardamom seeds
• 1/2 tsp – Cinnamon powder
• 1/2 tsp – Ginger powder
• 1/2 tsp – aniseed powder
• 1/2 tsp – Red Chilli powder
• 1/2 tsp – Caraway seeds
• salt to taste
• Optional: 1 – onion, medium size
• 5 Cloves – Garlic
• 1 tsp – dry Mint leaves, crushed
• 1/2 cup – clarified Butter or deodorized oil
- Chop onion and garlic cloves.
- Crush the cardamom seeds.
- Cut the meat into small pieces and then chop them finely together.
- While chopping, add the white and yolk of the eggs, chopped onion, garlic, all the other spices, salt and a tbsp of clarified butter.
- Knead well together. Shape into kebabs on iron skewers.
- Then roast the kebabs on live wood-charcoals, placed in a rectangular open fire box, or in an earthen oven or an electric oven.
- The skewers should be turned often, so that the kebabs roast evenly on all sides, to a dark brown colour.
Recipe courtesy of Priscilla Farro