• 4 slices – Bread, each cut diagonally into two pieces
• 1/2 cup – Sugar syrup [mix 2.5 cups of Sugar with 1 cup of water and cook syrup for 5 mins]
• 1/2 cup – Mawa or Fresh Malai [made thick by cooking ]
• A few cashewnuts, almonds, Coconut powder, Raisins
• Silver foil for garnishing.
- Deep fry all the slices in hot oil till golden brown. Dip these fried slices into sugar syrup for 30 seconds and place them on a serving plate.
- Spread a layer of mawa or malai on the slices.
- Garnish with the shredded almonds, cashewnuts, raisins, coconut powder and cover with silver foil.
- Serve hot or cold.
Recipe courtesy of Sify Bawarchi