• 1 cup – basmati Rice
• 1 cup – Sugar
• few strands of Saffron (crushed)
• 1 tsp – chopped Pista and Almonds
• 1/2 tsp – Cardamom powder
• 1 small piece Cinnamon
• 4 Cloves
• 1 tbsp Raisins
• 1/2 cup – pure Ghee
• little Saffron colour dissolved in 2 tsp water
- Boil rice in plenty of water. Do not add salt. Just before the rice is fully cooked, drain and cool.
- Add sugar, colour, cardamom powder and saffron.
- Heat ghee in a heavy saucepan, add cloves, cinnamon, raisins and rice. Gradually cook, stirring occasionally without breaking the grains. When the water evaporates, add the chopped dry fruits on top.
- Serve hot.
Recipe courtesy of Sify Bawarchi