• 1 cup – Podalangai (Snake Gourd) chopped
• 2 tbsp – Channa Dhal
• 1 Big Onion chopped finely
• 1.5 tbsp – Grated Coconut
• 5 Cashews broken into small pieces
• Salt to taste
• 2 tsp – Oil
• To Temper:
• Bay Leaf a small piece
• 1/4 inch piece Cinnamon
• 3 Cloves
• 5 Garlic chopped finely
• 2 Green chillies chopped finely
- Soak channa dal in water for an hour, keep aside.
- Clean snake gourd and chop it roughly.
- Then grind the gourd with channa dhal coarsely. Set aside.
- Roast cashews in a little oil until golden brown and set aside.
- In a non-stick pan heat remaining oil and add the items under ‘to temper’.
- Then add onions and saute till golden brown.
- Then add the gourd-channa dal mix.
- Add required salt and give a quick stir.
- Keep sauteeing and take care not to burn it.
- No need to add water, saute until it turns slightly brown.
- At this stage add roasted cashews and coconut, mix well and saute till coconut is slightly browned.
- Serve hot.
- Recipe courtesy: Sharmi’s Passions
Recipe courtesy of Sharmilee