Dhokla is a very popular snacks recipe from Gujarat. In there, it is served as snack or side dish. Usually, it is prepared with chickpeas flour. But here I experienced very unique dhokla recipe with flattened rice (poha) and buttermilk. It is very easy and quick recipe that can be made minutes in minutes. Once you taste this dhokla, I am sure you will be tempted to try more!
– 200 gm flattened rice or poha
– 2 glass buttermilk
– 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
– Salt to taste
– Some coriander leaves, for garnishing
– 4 teaspoons oil
– 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
– 10 curry leaves
– 4 teaspoons sugar
– 2 finely chopped green chillies
– Squeeze half lemon in one glass water
How To Cook?
1. In a pan, put buttermilk and add turmeric powder and salt to it.
2. Cook this mixture over MEDIUM-LOW heat for about 2 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, wash flattened rice and place them into mixing bowl.
4. Once the butter milk mixture starts bubbling add it to the flattened rice. Stir it to mix well.
5. Place this in a flat plate and spread this mixture evenly with soft hand. Set aside for about 20 minutes.
6. After 20 minutes cut them into square pieces.
7. For the tempering, heat oil in a pan for tempering and add mustard seeds, curry leaves and chopped chilies.
8. When mustard seeds start spluttering add water with lemon juice and sugar. Mix well and let the water simmer for a minute.
9. When the water start bubbling remove from the heat and pour this tempering on prepared poha dhokla with using spoon.
10. Garnish it with coriander leaves and have this with tomato ketchup.
Preparation Time: 5-10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
Servings: 3 Persons