• 3 to 4 cups – thin pohe.
• 1 to 2 cups – puffed Rice (churmura).
• 5 tbsps – oil.
• 1/2 cup – peanuts.
• 1/2 tsp – coriander seeds.
• 4-5 curry leaves.
• 1 pinch – garam masala.
• 1/2 tsp – Turmeric powder.
• 1/2 tsp – Mustard Seeds for seasoning.
• 1-2 – green chillies.
• salt and Sugar as required.
- First heat very little oil in a vessel and then heat the poha on low heat till it becomes crispy. Set aside and do the same with the churmuras.
- Set both aside and heat the oil in a vessel and add the seasoning to it.
- Then add peanuts, coriander seeds, curry leaves garam-masala, green chillies and stir for a while.
- Then add the pohe and churmuras to it and mix well.
- Add salt and sugar to taste.
- Store the chivda in a container only after it cools down completely.
Recipe courtesy of Purva