• Poondu – around 25 to 30 pieces.
• Ghee – 2 tsp.
• Black pepper – 1 tsp (if needed very hot you can add as per your taste).
• Red Chilli – 2 (again according to taste).
• Tuvar dal – 1 tsp.
• Tamarind – 1 small ball.
• Kadi Patha – a couple of them.
• Salt – to taste.
- Soak the tamarind in water and make a thick paste of it.
- Fry garlic in ghee until the smell goes, which adds more flavour to the kolambu.
- Fry all the other ingredients and add the tamarind.
- In a kadai, take the mixture and boil well along with poondu and salt according to taste.
- Once it thickens, it is ready to be served with hot rice, gingili oil and pappad.
Recipe courtesy of Revathi