• 500 g – sole fish.
• 2 tbsp – mustard seeds, soaked and ground.
• 1 bunch – chopped Coriander leaves or Mint leaves.
• 6 Cloves – garlic, crushed.
• 1 tbsp – chilli powder.
• 2 tbsp – Lime juice.
• 2 tbsp – mustard oil.
• 1 tsp – Turmeric powder.
• 1 tsp – salt.
- Ease the fillets away from the backbone of the fish, leaving them attached at the sides.
- Rub the oil on to the insides and outside of the whole fish. Apply in between the fillets.
- Mix together all the ingredients into a paste, spooning the remaining into the insides of the fish and marinate the fish for an hour.
- Wrap the fish in an aluminium foil and cook on a barbecue.
- If cooked on an open charcoal fire, wrap in a banana leaf till cooked and ready to be served.
- Serve with plain boiled rice.
Recipe courtesy of Laxmi Devi