• 3 large potatoes, boiled and mashed.
• 1/2 cup – grated processed cheese or paneer.
• 1 tsp – Ginger grated.
• 1 tsp – Garlic grated.
• 5-6 Mint leaves, finely chopped.
• 1 tsp – Coriander, finely chopped.
• 1 tbsp – Corn flour.
• salt to taste.
• 1/2 tsp – Black pepper powder.
• oil for deep-fry.
• Corn flour to dust.
- Take potatoes in a large plate.
- Add all ingredients, and knead a soft dough.
- Divide into 8-10 portions, shape into oblong croquettes.
- Place in refrigerator for 10-15 mins.
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan.
- Roll each croquette in corn flour and dust away extra flour.
- Let into hot oil, and fry on medium flame.
- When evenly golden, remove and drain excess oil on thick kitchen paper.
- Serve hot with ketchup or tamarind and green hot chutneys.
Recipe courtesy of Sify Bawarchi