• 4- Potato medium
• 1/4 cup – Green peas
• 1/2 cup – Coconut
• 2 Green chilli small
• 1 tsp – Rice soaked
• 1/4cup – Coconut Milk/ Milk
• 2 tbsp – Coconut oil
• 1/4 tsp – Mustard Seeds
• 1/4 tsp – Urad Dal
• Curry leaves as per need
- Wash the potato well and peel the skin off.
- Then cut the potatoes into cubes and cook them well. But don’t mash them.
- Boil the green peas until peas get cooked.
- Blend the coconut, green chillies and the soaked rice to a fine paste.
- Add the ground mixture and salt to the cooked potatoes and peas.
- Mix them well and allow it to cook up to 5 mins.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seed, urad dhal, curry leaves and when they crackle, add to the kootu.
- Finally add milk /coconut milk and serve with rice accompanied by sambhar or rasam.
- Recipe courtesy: Jaisruchi
Recipe courtesy of Jaishree S