• 4 – Potatoes medium size, boiled, peeled and mashed.
• 4 tbsp – peas, mashed, optional.
• 1 tbsp – roasted jeera/cumin powder.
• 4 to 5 – green chillies, chopped.
• 1 tbsp – dry mango/amchur powder.
• Handful – coriander leaves, chopped.
• To taste – salt.
• 3 – bread slices.
• 1 cup – bread crumbs.
- In a big bowl, add mashed potatoes and peas. Mix well with hand.
- Add jeera powder, green chillies, amchur powder, coriander leaves, salt and mix well using hands.
- Take some water in a bowl, dip the bread in the water for 2 seconds, and squeeze out the water completely.
- Add the bread slices to the mixture and mix well with your hand.
- The bread should get mixed up perfectly in the mixture.
- Now take a handful of the mixture, make cylindrical rolls and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a kadai, take the roll and roll it over bread crumbs evenly.
- Deep fry the rolls, till they turn golden brown and crisp.
- Remove and place on a tissue paper.
- Serve hot with green chutney or tamarind chutney.
Recipe courtesy of Mrs. Bodkai