• 4 – karelas.
• 2 – potatoes.
• 1 tsp – Lemon juice.
• 1/2 tsp – chat masala.
• Salt to taste.
• 1/2 tsp – chilli powder.
• oil for deep frying.
• 1 tbsp – onion.
• 1/2 cup – besan.
- Boil and mash the potatoes.
- Wash the karelas and cook with a pinch of salt till 90% done.
- Cool and make a small opening in the middle to remove the hard seeds.
- Add lemon juice, chat masala, salt, chilli powder and chopped onion to the mashed potato.
- Mix and stuff the karela with this mixture.
- Make a thick batter with the besan, salt, and chilli powder.
- Heat oil in a deep pan, dip the karelas in the besan batter and deep fry till brown in colour.
Recipe courtesy of Sabita Mishra