Potatoes pizzaiola is a classic Italian dish with a best combination of tomato sauce flavored with butter and onion.
– 4 large potatoes
– 1 tablespoon butter
– 1 clove crushed garlic
– 425 gm can tomatoes, roughly chopped
– 2 tablespoon fresh basil or ? teaspoon dried basil
– Ground black pepper and salt to taste
– 1/2 brown onion, finely dished
– 1 minced anchovy
How To Cook?
1. Peel and dice potatoes into 1.5 cm cubes, rinse and place in a large bowl with 2 tablespoons of water, cover and cook for 6 to 8 minutes on HIGH flame. Stirring halfway through cooking. Drain.
2. In a small bowl, combine butter, garlic, onion and anchovy. Cook for 1 minute on HIGH flame, stir halfway.
3. Combine basil, pepper and salt to garlic mixture.
4. Add tomatoes and garlic mixture to potatoes, ensuring potatoes are well coated.
5. Cook, uncovered for 4 to 5 minutes on HIGH flame, stirring halfway through cooking.