• 20 medium size Prawns
• 2 cups – mashed Potato
• 1/2 cup – onion, finely chopped
• 2 eggs, lightly beaten
• 1 tsp – ginger, minced
• 2 tsp – garlic, minced
• 1 tsp – chili powder
• 1/2 tsp – Turmeric powder
• 1 tsp – Garam Masala powder
• bread crumbs to coat
• salt and pepper to taste
• 3 tbsp – oil
• oil to deep fry
- Shell and devein the prawns, keeping the tails intact.
- Boil in salted water till just cooked. Drain and toss in salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a fry pan. Fry onion, ginger and garlic till fragrant.
- Add chili, turmeric and garam masala powders. Fry for few seconds.
- Add mashed potato and salt to taste. Mix well and remove from fire.
- Divide the potato mixture into 20 parts.
- Shape each into an oval. Make a depression in the oval and place a prawn in it.
- Cover the prawn fully with potato mixture, keeping the tail protruding.
- Coat each piece with beaten egg and bread crumbs and deep fry in hot oil.
- Drain on kitchen paper and serve hot with tomato and/or mayonnaise sauce.
Recipe courtesy of Chandra Bhat