• Sea Prawns – 2 lbs.
• 2 cups of Coconut milk.
• 1 large potato, diced into 1 inch cubes.
• 1 tsp Ginger Garlic paste.
• 1 medium sized onion, finely chopped.
• 1 tbsp chilli powder.
• 1 tbsp Turmeric powder.
• Salt, as required.
• Mustard oil, as required.
• Water, as required.
• Coriander leaves and green chillies, to garnish.
- Wash the prawns thoroughly and cut them.
- To marinate the prawns, use a pinch of turmeric, salt and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, pan fry the potatoes. Keep aside.
- Next pan fry the prawns, keep aside.
- In a deep non stick skillet, heat 1 tbsp of mustard oil, add the ginger garlic paste and let cook for a minute or so.
- Next, add the chopped onions and let cook till translucent.
- Add the turmeric powder, chilli powder and cook for another minute or so until the raw smell of the spices vanish.
- Next, add the potatoes to the spice mix, mix well and let cook for another minute.
- Add the coconut milk, salt and lastly the prawns. Let cook covered until the potatoes and prawns are fully cooked.
- Add water as required to maintain the consistency of your choice.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and green chillies and serve hot with rice.
Recipe courtesy of Sonali