Vegetable soup prepared with pesto sauce
2 onions, chopped
2-3 leeks, washed and chopped
1 cup diced potatoes
2 carrots, diced
1 cup french beans, halved
1 cup tomatoes, crushed
1 garlic, minced
1/2 cup macaroni (optional)
1/4 cup black-eyed beans (boiled)
5 cups vegetable stock
1 cup pesto sauce (see basics)
2 tablespoon oil
Salt and pepper to taste
Freshly grated Parmesan cheese for garnishing
1. Heat oil in a large pot or kadhai, add garlic, onions and saute until transparent.
2. Now add leeks, potatoes, carrots, french beans, salt, and pepper and saute over medium heat for another 5 minutes.
3. Add vegetable stock, bring to a boil, then simmer uncovered for 25-30 minutes or until tender.
4. Add the black-eyed beans, macaroni, tomatoes, simmer and cook for 5-10 minutes.
5. Now add pesto sauce and simmer for 5 more minutes.
6. Season to taste and garnish with grated cheese.
Cooking time: 45-50 minutes