• 400 g – sour dosa batter (leftover batter can be used)
• 2 tbsp – Channa dal, soaked for 2 hours
• 1 tsp – Jeera
• 4 green chillies, chopped fine
• 2 onion, medium, chopped fine
• 1 inch – ginger, chopped fine
• 3 tsp each – curry leaves, coriander leaves, chopped fine
• a pinch – Turmeric
• 1/8 tsp – baking soda
• oil for deep frying
- Take (thick) sour dosa batter in a bowl, add all the above ingredients except oil.
- Beat well, heat oil, drop lemon-sized balls into oil and fry till light golden brown in colour.
- Remove and keep them on a paper napkin (to remove any excess oil)
- Serve as a tea time snack with any sauce or chutney,
Recipe courtesy of Uma Devi Ramachandra