Punjabi Kadhi is simmered with whole spices to impart an aromatic flavor?of the spices and tempered in desi ghee. It is relished in all parts of India. Punjabi kadhi is very different than sindhi kadhi and gujarati kadhi recipe. It is thicker and creamier than other kadhi variations. Punjabi Kadhi is basically made with besan, curd and various masalas. Serve hot Punjabi kadhi garnished with coriander leaves. It tastes delicious with steamed rice or vegetable khichdi.
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
Servings: 5 Persons
– 3 cup sour curd
– 3 tablespoon Bengal gram flour
– 2 tablespoon ghee
– ? teaspoon mustard seeds
– ? teaspoon cumin seeds
– ? teaspoon fenugreek seeds
– ? teaspoon asafoetida
– 2 whole red chilies
– 2 green chilies, chopped
– 1 ? teaspoon grated ginger
– 1 bay leaf
– 2-3 cloves
– 8-10 curry leaves
– ? teaspoon turmeric powder
– ? teaspoon garam masala powder
– ? teaspoon red chili powder
– Salt to taste
– 2 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves, for garnishing
How To Cook?
1. Combine curd and Bengal gram flour with 4 cups of water and blend with a liquidizer so that no lumps remain.
2. Add this mixture into a deep pan and put it on the HIGH flame, stir continuously till the first boil.
3. Now, add curry leaves, cloves, bay leaf, green chilies, red chilies, ginger paste, turmeric powder and salt to it.
4. Simmer it for 5-6 minutes.
5. Now, in a kadhai, heat the ghee, add fenugreek seeds, mustard seeds, cumin seeds and asafoetida.
6. Wait for 4-5 seconds.
7. Now, add red chili powder and pour the tempering over the Kadhi.
8. Add garam masala to it and mix it well.
9. Garnish it with coriander leaves and serve hot.
– You can also add 1 tablespoon of garlic paste to the tempering.
– Do not stop stirring the kadhi till the first boil, otherwise, it will split.