Sweet Punjabi recipe for Paneer lovers. Sahi Paneer is a popular Paneer recipe. The Shahi Paneer gravy is made from cream, cashewnut and other Ingredients, so it’s very rich in taste. In this recipe I have used tomatoes, but if you don’t want to use tomatoes then you can replace it with yogurt.
Preparation Time: 35 Minutes
Cooking Time: 45 Minutes
Servings: 4 Persons
– 500 gm Paneer
– 5 tomatoes
– 2 green chilies
– 1 small piece of ginger
– 2 tablespoon ghee or oil
– ? teaspoon cumin seeds
– ? teaspoon turmeric powder
– 1 teaspoon coriander powder
– ? teaspoon red chili powder
– 20-25 piece of cashew nut
– 100 gm cream
– ? teaspoon garam masala powder
– Salt to taste
How To Cook?
1. First, cut the Paneer in medium size cubes and keep it aside.
2. Add 1 tablespoon oil or ghee in a Kadhai and fry the Paneer till it turns golden brown.
3. Soak the cashew nut in required water for 30 minutes after that grind it and make a paste of it and keep it aside.
4. Add tomatoes, ginger and red chilies in a grinder and make a paste. Remove it from the grinder and then grind the cream.
5. Now, In a frying pan add cumin seeds, when the cumin seeds turns brown add turmeric powder, coriander powder and then add tomato paste to it and keep stirring it for 5 minute.
6. Then, this gravy fried add cashew nut paste and cream to it and keep it stirring for 5-10 minutes.
7. Add 1 cup water to the gravy to make it medium thick. You can also add more water if you wish to make a thin curry.
8. Now, add salt and red chili powder to the gravy and let it boil for 5 minute.
9. When the gravy boils add Paneer pieces to it. Cover the pan and cook it at SLOW heat for 10 minutes.
10. After that, remove the pan from the heat and serve it in a bowl. Garnish Shahi Paneer with coriander leaves and garam masala powder.
Serve 11: Serve hot Shahi Paneer with butter roti or naan.