• 4 – large Carrots
• 2 cups – Sugar
• 1 tbsp – Cardamom powder
• 2 cups – whole Milk
• 3 strands – Saffron
• 2 tbsp – Ghee
• For garnishing: Pistachios and Almonds
- Boil the carrots until they are soft.
- Grind the boiled carrots along with cardamom powder to a smooth paste.
- Head 2 tbsp of ghee in a vessel.
- Add the carrot paste and cook the paste until the raw smell of it disappears.
- Add sugar and cook the carrots for 2 to 3 min
- Finally, add milk and saffron and allow it to boil for 15 to 20 mins
- Garnish with pistachios and almonds.
- Serve it hot or cold.
Recipe courtesy of Mahima