• 2 – Chicken legs (whole)
• 3 tsp – chilli powder
• 1 tsp – Haldi (turmeric) powder
• 1 tsp – Dhania powder
• 1 tsp – Jeera powder
• 1 tbsp – Garlic paste or 4-5 Garlic pods, crushed
• 3-4 – small Tomatoes
• A handful of French beans
• Salt to taste
• A loaf of fresh bread of your choice
- Rub the salt and a little of the garlic paste onto the chicken, and leave for 10 minutes.
- Add the chicken and the beans to a pressure cooker with some water and cook for 4-5 minutes, a little more than the first whistle.
- Once cooked, mix the spices and garlic paste all together.
- Drain the chicken from its stock and keep aside to cool and dry for a few minutes.
- Once dry, rub the spicy mixture onto the chicken.
- Remove and keep aside the French beans to serve as they are.
- Chop the tomatoes into quarters and fry them in oil till softened.
- Now add the chicken and fry thoroughly.
- Serve the chicken on a plate with the French beans on the side, with thick chunks of fresh loaf bread.
Recipe courtesy of Usha Gurnani