• 5 eggs
• 4 to 5 tbsp – oil
• 3 medium sized Onions (finely chopped)
• 2 to 3 Green chillies (finely chopped)
• 1 tsp – Ginger Garlic paste
• 3 medium sized Tomatoes (made into a puree)
• 2 tsp – coriander powder
• 1.5 tsp – Red Chilli powder
• 1/4 tsp – Turmeric powder
• 2 to 3 cups – water
• 1 tbsp – finely chopped Coriander leaves
• salt to taste
- Boil the eggs, cool for some time and then cut them into halves. Keep aside.
- Take oil in a heavy bottomed vessel and fry the onions, green chillies and ginger garlic paste on a low flame till golden.
- Add tomato puree and saute for a few minutes on a low flame.
- Add coriander powder, red chillie powder, turmeric powder and salt to taste.
- Saute on a low flame till oil separates.
- Add about 2-3 cups of water and give it a boil.
- Simmer till the gravy thickens a little.
- Add the kept aside boiled eggs and cook for a few minutes.
- Garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves and serve with hot chapattis.
Recipe courtesy of Anita Raheja