• 1-cup lentil dal
• 1 Tomato (pureed)
• 1 small Onion (crushed in mixer)
• 1 tbsp – Ghee
• 1/2 tsp – chilli powder
• 1/8 tsp – Turmeric powder
• salt to taste
• 1/4 tsp – Sugar (optional)
• 1 pinch – Asafoetida
• 2 tsp – Lemon juice
• 2-3 cup water
- Pressure cook the lentil dal.
- Mash it and keep it aside.
- Cut tomato and onion into pieces and grind it in mixer, till crushed properly.
- Put ghee in a pan and heat.
- Put asafetida, rai and jeera.
- Allow it to splutter.
- Let ghee cool down for a while.
- Now, put red chilli powder, turmeric powder.
- Add crushed tomato and onion and stir.
- Cover the pan with lid and turn the burner to medium for 2-3 minutes.
- Add lentil dal and 2-3 cup of water, (according to consistency you want) also add sugar (if you want) and lemon juice.
- Allow one boil.
- Now, your soup is ready.
- Garnish with coriander and serve hot.
Recipe courtesy of Prerna Jain